[Board] board wiki maintenance activities

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Dec 24 22:46:02 PST 2017

Our operational scratch pad on the wiki is
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors

There are a couple of sections to update:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Activities_and_Meetings

Adding our recent video call here and the upcoming January meetings.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Working_Groups

If we run into any short term activities (measured in weeks), we have the
option setting up a working group to tackle it and report back when
complete. This is a short term mandate, in contrast to committees which
receive a long term mandate and budget.

This is a tool we should keep in mind when our board members want to take
on an activity, by setting up a working group we can attract other
volunteers from our community. And since this is a not a long term
responsibility it is sometimes easier for volunteers to commit their
assistence.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Planning

I just added our approve 2018 budget, if we make an other strategic
decisions in 2017 we can note them here.

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Reference

This section has a few page that were missing, mostly around the 2017
election results. Please review incase I missed anything!

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#FAQ

We can add to this over time, indeed the recent election cycle may offer
some questions to document here.
--
Jody Garnett