[Board] FOSS4G-E funding

Steven Feldman shfeldman at gmail.com
Wed Feb 1 07:24:02 PST 2017

The procedure for Financial Guarantees is at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Guarantees <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_Handbook#Guarantees>

There is currently no chair of the Conference Committee, I cannot speak on behalf of the CC. However as I drafted the procedure for Financial Guarantees and the agreement docs, I would suggest the following:

Identify the extent of the guarantee requested
Confirm whether any advance is requested
Submit the event budget with high and low ranges to enable CC to evaluate risk
Confirm acceptance of the template agreement (see example agreement for 2016 at osgeo-local-committee-advance-agreement.odt <https://svn.osgeo.org/osgeo/foss4g/2016/budget_planning/osgeo-local-committee-advance-agreement.odt>)
CC then considers and if approved recommends to Board

My 2c
______
Steven