[Board] Open open source, reduce registration fees.

l.g.j.boerboom at utwente.nl l.g.j.boerboom at utwente.nl
Mon Feb 6 01:38:47 PST 2017

Dear board,

Where is the cap on registration fees for FOSS4G? You have closed open source to me with these steep registration fees. You have to change this. A few years ago I could hardly convince my departmental management to pay for registration. Now it is impossible! Please open up the conference again. Open open source! Those who cannot organize a conference below $500 should not be allowed to organize. Scale down. No fancy stuff. Back to the basics! Back to the core!

With kind regards,

Luc Boerboom

Dr. Ir. Luc Boerboom
Assist. Prof Spatial Planning and Decision Support Systems and Infrastructures
Department of Urban and Regional Planning and Geo-information Management
Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC), http://www.itc.nl/
University of Twente, http://www.utwente.nl/

E: l.g.j.boerboom at utwente.nl<mailto:l.g.j.boerboom at utwente.nl>
T: +31 (0)53 487 42 47 or +31 (0)53 487 44 44
Postal address
PO Box 217
7500 AE  Enschede
The Netherlands