[Board] R: About presentation at GWF-2017

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Mon Jan 23 05:58:01 PST 2017

Hi Venka,

Wishing you a great visit to your homeland and to share the FOSS4G
spirit at the Hyderabad event.  I can feel the passion already.

Also, would you mind briefly mentioning the upcoming Google Summer of
Code program in your keynote?  As you know, OSGeo will be again applying
as a mentor organization (we're starting that application draft now);
but it can't hurt to briefly mention this in your keynote, as OSGeo will
likely be accepted again.  Some highlights for you to mention:

  - OSGeo's 2017 GSoC main page:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Google_Summer_of_Code_2017
  - this will be our 11th year of involvement!
  - OSGeo has helped 167 students throughout the years, to grow and
kick-start their careers as future FOSS4G leaders
  - we're now calling for ideas from OSGeo projects for the 2017 program

-jeff