[Board] OSGeo AGM and Booth planning for FOSS4G 2017 Boston

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Jul 14 11:48:13 PDT 2017

Dear Board members,

cc Marc V

I have updated the AGM wiki page to make it consistent with the official FOSS4G program. Please review the page and modify as needed, or let me know if there are any mistakes, I will fix it asap. If I don't hear any comments I would like to post a message below to osgeo discuss and geoforall lists to call for AGM contributions so that we can finalize the program. Let me know if anything needs to be modified in the message below to minimize confusion.

Thank you, Helena

=================

Subject: FOSS4G 2017 annual general meeting: call for project, chapters and committee brief reports

As in previous years the OSGeo annual general meeting will take place at FOSS4G 2017 Global meeting - this year in Boston on Friday, August 18 at 1:30pm. The preliminary program is being prepared on wiki

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2017 <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2017>
This is to ask representatives of projects, local chapters and committees please sign up if your would like to report on your activities. Based on the number of contributions we will decide on the time slots and format of the presentations.

We are also preparing OSGeo booth - if you would like to volunteer for the booth, please sign up on the wiki so that we can see how many volunteers are available and we will then prepare a schedule table to sign up

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Booth <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Booth>
Special this year:

We invite local chapters, osgeo projects, geoforall labs and OSGeo partners to volunteer for a time slot at the booth and promote their activities.

Thank you for your cooperation and we are looking forward to meeting you all in Boston, there is still time to register at http://2017.foss4g.org/register/ <http://2017.foss4g.org/register/>
Helena Mitasova for the OSGeo Board

Helena Mitasova
Professor at the Department of Marine,