[Board] Fwd: Official expression of interest forming a European Chapter

Dirk Frigne dirk.frigne at geosparc.com
Mon Jul 24 05:42:00 PDT 2017

Suchith,

Thank you for your nice words ans your support,

"OSGeo Europe chapter will be great help for GeoForAll's aims to expand
> INSPIRE  training programs,  European curriculum development activities
> and capacity building for administrations moving to open source geo."

Some actions are taking place already to accomplish these goals. The aim
of OSGeo Europe is to saveguard the valorisation and the sustainability
of the results we obtain due to these H2020 projects.

f.i. the GiCases H2020 project [1], but also the GeoSkills Plus Project,
2015 [2], and more ...

With OSGeo-Europe vzw[3] we have boots on the ground in Europe to
officially represent the idea's we stand for. GeoForAll is very
important for OSGeo for the future capacity building of skilled GeoICT
resources that can contribute to the current and future projects.

Please don't hesitate to ask for help anywhere we can and make the
difference!

Dirk

[1] http://www.gicases.eu/
[2] http://www.geoskillsplus.eu/