[Board] website help request for board: describe our partners

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Thu Jun 8 15:09:00 PDT 2017

Jodi,

I noticed that you have written a comment that this seems out of date:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_OSGeo_All

I try to keep it up to date, but there might have been MoUs approved or
started that I have missed (perhaps the one with tech park in India? I
don't have it - it needs a wiki page to be set up).
Let me know what you think is out of date and I will fix it. I set it up
because when you search by Category:MoU you get a list which includes
expired MoUs (if you click the link you will find that they expired and
were replaced by something else).

I would suggest to use only name of the organization and a link to its page
unless we have a committed volunteer who will keep this up to date. I have
found that just keeping track of the MoUs through wiki is quite time
consuming and making sure that our descriptions of the partner
organizations are up to date will require some commitment. For example, we
changed the MoU renewals from annual to bi-annual because it simply has not
been done for several years.

Thank you, Helena

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 6:38 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Evening Board members:
>
> We are turning a corner on the website / rebranding project, and have a
> request for the OSGeo board. One section of the website is devoted to
> "partners" (all the organizations we maintain a formal relationship with).
>
> Building "vertical relationships" is one half of our outreach strategy at
> OSGeo and the idea is to emphasize who these organizations are, what they
> do, what our relationship is with them.
>
> Quick research:
> - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Category:MoU
> - http://www.geoforall.org (why does this say foss4g bonn?)
> - https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Face_to_Face_Meeting_2016 (for
> locationtech gues member relationship)
>
> 1). Wireframe of list of partners in "InDesign"
>
> https://projects.invisionapp.com/d/#/console/10783291/236494420/preview
>
> 2) Descriptions of Partners
>
> We are staging content for the designer in a google document here:
>>  Partner Example
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zg3SnmNyLmvwAZBkxwrdJ9hHy1p07M7YslliHNm5928/edit?usp=drive_web>
>> To get us started I have quickly copied over the text description of the
> OGC from live.osgeo.org so we have *something*. Your help is needed to
> fill in content for the other organizations.
> --
> Jody Garnett

Helena Mitasova
Professor
Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
North Carolina State University
1125 Jordan Hall
NCSU Box 8208
Raleigh, NC 27695-8208