[Board] website help request for board: describe our partners

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Jun 9 13:38:43 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 9, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> I suggest we take this responsibility from the wiki to the website (and
> expect future boards to keep this up to date). This Information is too
> important/official to leave on a wiki don't you think?

I agree - the final, signed versions of MoU should go on the Partners
webpage - I suggest a link to the signed pdf (I forgot to mention this in
our today's meeting - we just discussed a link to the partners website
instead of a more detailed descriptions and contact names -  for most
organizations the contact is the president and they change annually or
bi-annually and the descriptions for the organizations change as well). The
full text of MoUs would require additional subpage for each partner making
the website more complicated than it needs to be so I think that a link to
the pdf of the official document would be the simplest.

> And yeah that wiki was the most official thing I found if it is wrong
> let's fix the content we are writing for the website. And delete the wiki
> pages when the website goes live.

The MoU OSGeo All wiki page is not wrong as far as I know - I was just
asking why do you think that it is out of date and what specifically you
find out of date. The wiki will be still needed to preserve the older
versions and historical photos and to work on the drafts - but we should
clearly mark them as past versions and drafts and provide link to the
webpage  with the currently active MoUs (I can take care of that once the
new website goes live).

I hope this clarifies it.

Helena

email: hmitaso at ncsu.edu