[Board] osgeo live feedback (to the board)

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 19 16:50:00 PDT 2017

Cameron:

The request for more volunteers is always welcome, this will be a
productive time to volunteer.

Your concern about base-line tasks (by which I assume you mean ongoing
tasks needing attention each release) is indeed a worry. Any ongoing tasks
that do not have backing of a volunteer need to be accounted for, or scope
cut.

The one baseline activity, that I was not even aware live.osgeo.org had
taken on, was having an up to date list of OSGeo sponsors. I expect it may
be more expedient to remove that section (since sponsors change to often)
but I will wait to see what live.osgeo.org decides. Is there any other
baseline activity I am missing?

For the remained these appear to be a communication and planning issue.

The change to mission/vision/goals from 2016 were both planned in advance
and shared through email lists, news announcements and website when updated.

In 2017 we have branding changes being planned in advanced, and are going
roughly according to schedule. I contact live.osgeo.org the week before
they would be ready to see if they could be used. Indeed I literally could
not of moved faster as the SVG icons were only made available today.

Can I assume live.osgeo.org was aware of these changes, but like the
marketing committee has not yet had time/resources to update?  I have
already provided a reminder that board members need to follow through on
decisions with both communication and effort. I would hope that the
live.osgeo.org project could take this information into the project
planning process.

--
Jody Garnett