[Board] foss4g 2017 boston planning

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue May 30 07:22:00 PDT 2017

Status update from this mornings hangout:

We were able to sort out a time schedule for AGM and Closing.
- There is more time available for the General Meeting than anticipated,
considering inviting partners to speak
- A solid effort will be required to reach out to local chapters this year
- LOC requested we focus on an OSGeo intro + status update during closing
- We also discussed the creation of additional awards; aligned with our
goals...
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Annual_General_Meeting_2017

FOSS4G Booth and time commitments
- structure has changed, moving from hallways to a more centralized location
- Marc has proposed setting up a larger common area with neighbours
(LocationTech etc...) to create a hang out space
- https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Booth

Meetings and time management:
- Monday 18:00 is the only slot free for f2f meeting
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Face_to_Face_Meeting_Boston_2017> (other board
members have workshop commitments). Guido will look into either a
conference room (plus takeout) or a restaurant with a function room.
- Ice Breaker - we are still good to combine forces here with for sponsor
networking event
- We have a meeting with sponsors pending, may be able to combine into a
meeting with sponsors and partners. Looking for a breakfast meeting
Wednesday?
- OSGeo Meetings and Events
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G_2017_Booth#OSGeo_Meetings_and_Events>

--