[Board] Dear President

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Nov 2 11:05:59 PDT 2017

Dear Venka-sensei,

Today during the OSGeo Board meeting, Angelos and I vocally proposed you
remain as the OSGeo President (to be honest, I proposed a dual
presidency of both you and Helena).  I think this is a magical team.

I formally request that you attend the next OSGeo Board meeting, as the
OSGeo President (even if you cannot attend, you will still be the OSGeo
President). But I think attending can help.

I would very much like to see OSGeo's first dual presidency of Helena
and you in place.  (let's leave the bylaws aside for a second, and this
is me proposing this to you)

Thank you Venka for your leadership.  (I had suggested this to Helena
during the meeting)  Thank you also Helena for your continued great
leadership.  You both have my utmost respect.  I thought about this all
of last night.

With all my love, passion, life, energy, heart, career, ability to earn
a living, willingness to help others through even the worst attacks and
criticisms, willingness to take one for the team, willingness to fall
down even in front of thousands, willing to just try, I am forever yours
OSGeo,

-Jeff McKenna

Family.