[Board] action: Angelous to ask 4-5 projects to attend the next meeting

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Nov 5 22:00:38 PST 2017

action: Angelous to ask 4-5 projects to attend the next meeting (from those
who did not attend AGM), request slide to complete AGM presentation

Here is the list of projects that did not participate in the AGM:

   - gvSIG
   - Marble
   - QGIS
   - FDO
   - GDAL/OGR
   - GEOS
   - GeoTools
   - OSSIM
   - PostGIS
   - GeoNetwork
   - deegree
   - geomajas
   - Mapbender
   - MapFish
   - MapGuide Open Source
   - OpenLayers

The AGM slides are:
​
 OSGeo AGM Slides
<https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-vwUulLnrSIxZwWVIvVn0wANZyFiEWtUxe-QlzRTHRw/edit?usp=drive_web>
​
Helena asked for a slide to complete the above presentation. I am not sure
about adding slides, since it would not match what was presented at foss4g.

Communication notes and strategies:

There was some confusion about what was being asked for the AGM, a report
to the is not so much about features of the software, but about health and
happiness of the project or committee. The AGM is also reporting (and
saying hello to) the OSGeo membership who puts a lot of love and support
behind our projects.

If a project used a budget in 2017 it would be good to hear how it went.
Since this is a report to the membership it is a good chance to reach out
to volunteers and ask for help. The report can can help lay the ground work
for a budget request - if challenges are identified in the 2017 AGM, and
then addressed with a plan and budget request for 2018.

I have prepaired a report for GeoTools here but you probably have your own
examples:
- https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/GeoTools-Annual-Report-2017
- https://github.com/geotools/geotools/wiki/Formal-Correspondence
--