[Board] Geodata Committee inactive

David William Bitner bitner at dbspatial.com
Tue Nov 7 13:16:45 PST 2017

Hey Jody,

The entirety of the Geodata presentation was "The Geodata Committee is
inactive".

Many of the original goals of the Geodata Committee which included hosting
data, providing advocacy, initial prototyping things like Open Aerial Map
never really took off as the volunteer load was quite substantial.

I think it would be entirely reasonable to dissolve the committee. I have
asked several times over the last decade if there was anyone else who had
energy to give things a jump start and have had no takers. Probably a sign.

-Bitner

--
David William Bitner