[Board] MOU with AGU

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Fri Nov 10 06:07:33 PST 2017

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear that AGU is also keen on this relationship.  Good luck next
week in the FAIR kickoff meeting in DC, keep us posted, please pass on
our enthusiasm in person.

As Helena mentioned, please also mention that Václav Petras (Charter
member) will be representing OSGeo at the fall AGM meeting next month
which is another good face-to-face opportunity to discuss this.

Regarding legal stuff, well as you know the OSGeo Board is in a sort of
transition now, setting up the executive Board (President, VPs), so keep
this in mind in your timeline for this.  In terms of actual legal
issues, the Board has retained the law firm "Atkin & Associates"
(specifically David Atkin) in the past, out of Oregon I think, for any
legal advice (http://www.nonprofit-support.com/).

Thank you Peter and good luck next week!

-jeff