[Board] Budgeting project event support for 2018

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 12:05:45 PDT 2017

I suspect the same workflow as last year:

* November -> budget requests and discussion for a draft budget
(negotiation between your chair and the board)
* December -> budget approved for 2018 by the board

Do not be too stuck on what was approved for 2017 -- if you have new ideas
to bring to the table for 2018 then please do so :)

(As was demonstrated by the conference committee and marketing committees
in 2017 you can even ask to negotiate your mandate in order to take on a
new responsibility).

I guess it can be helpful to review your 2017 budget, and subsequently how
much of what was set aside you were able to effectively spend to support
your volunteers and contributors. Treat it as inspiration for what you
would like to repeat, improve or change in 2018.

All the best!

--
Jody Garnett