[Board] R: Current election cycle discussion

Maria Antonia Brovelli maria.brovelli at polimi.it
Sat Oct 21 14:16:14 PDT 2017

I agree with a) as well.
Greetings from Buenos Aires.
Maria

Inviato dal mio dispositivo Samsung

-------- Messaggio originale --------
Da: Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu>
Data: 21/10/17 16:09 (GMT-03:00)
A: Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>
Cc: board at lists.osgeo.org
Oggetto: Re: [Board] Current election cycle discussion

I agree with a) as well, I think that at this point the board should stay out of the election process.

Helena

On Oct 21, 2017, at 3:03 PM, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com<mailto:michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>> wrote:

I would also agree with a.

Mike

From: Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com<mailto:jody.garnett at gmail.com>>
Date: Saturday, October 21, 2017 at 2:51 PM
To: Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com<mailto:gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>>, Michael Smith <michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com<mailto:michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com>>, "board at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:board at lists.osgeo.org>" <board at lists.osgeo.org<mailto:board at lists.osgeo.org>>
Subject: Re: [Board] Current election cycle discussion

I would prefer (a) because you know we should not need to express our trust again :)

I understand though that this election cycle has raised some uncertainty and I would rather issue a statement of support (b) than see that cycle continue.

I was thinking hard on (c) and then noticed it is not our responsibility. We can hold ourself open to offering assistance of asked, and trust CRO to ask for appropriate assistance if needful. I would feel more comfortable if an already recognized officer was provided for assistance considering director and officer liability etc...

Thanks everyone for being professional on this one (by which I mean careful, considerate, respectful).