[Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] Elections 2017 from the CRO point of view

Anita Graser anitagraser at gmx.at
Wed Oct 25 13:54:55 PDT 2017

Thank you for your summary and assessment of the situation, Vasile!

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I am not sure I have collected my own thoughts, in the interests of
> meeting your request I would like to ask if the current board members are
> available for 14:00 UTC tomorrow.

​I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make it, but here are my thoughts:

1) +1 Vasile's recommendation "to create a clear rule stating that an
accepted nomination cannot be withdraw after the start of the voting
period", and therefore

2) +1 the recommendation "not to admit the [withdrawal] request from Jef"

3) +1 "not to start new elections" for the reasons summarized by Vasile

Thanks again Vasile for taking care of the process! I hope we will find
someone as dedicated for future elections.

Regards,
Anita

​