[Board] Update on MoU with AGU / EGU GA

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Thu Apr 5 06:54:49 PDT 2018

Dear Board,

this is an update on the MoU with AGU (American Geophysical Union) and other activities at the European Geoscience Union (EGU) General Assembly:

- Based on the discussion within OSGeo and also with AGU, a MoU has been drafted (https://wiki.osgeo.org/images/2/29/MOU-OSGeo-AGU-draft.pdf).
- It is planned to sign the document during next weeks EGU. Timeslot for this is still tbd. Will take pictures if things work as planned.
- A blog post / news announcement has been prepared: https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_AGU_Announcement
- Jeff McKenna had to do a lot of proof-reading and editing to make sure the documents are fine.
- It has been learned that EGU, unlike AGU, does not do MoUs. I will meet with EGU representatives during the conference to discuss what options exist for OSGeo to increase our presence within EGU, especially for Early Career Scientists, and will report back on this.

best,
peter