[Board] OSGeo Representative

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 16:28:19 PDT 2018

Sorry I have been out sick for a bit (sigh), I had a questions:

Will this replace the OSGeo Advocate program introduced by prior board? As
far as I know we have not been using it and having two tools for the same
job (reduced air travel costs) is a bother.

And alternate wording for you to consider:

*OSGeo Representative*

*Goal*

*Provide official OSGeo representation world wide in addition to the
current board membership.*

*Examples: Representative for South America/Asia/Africa. Representative for
OGC.*

*Duration*

*This is a limited time appointment made by each board, and subject to
board review at any point*

*How are selected*

*Board members will discuss potential candidates and candidates will be
contacted privately to know about their predisposition and availability.
Once an agreement is reached, there will be a public announcement.*

*Responsibilities*

*The OSGeo Representative is responsible for speaking on OSGeo’s behalf,
along with any other representatives or board members present.*

*This position is used to represent our organization in an official
capacity, recognized as a "VP, OSGeo Representative". OSGeo representatives
may be asked by our president to sign official documents, if such is
required for a public ceremony.*

*This assignment does not include any decision making responsib*ility.

--
Jody Garnett