[Board] foss4gna board participation and coordination

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 16:26:04 PDT 2018

1) osgeo attendance / board member presence

Well we have a good news / bad news update here :)

The good news is the event is filling up fast, registration is going great,
and ... all the exhibitor space has sold out!

As hosts OSGeo and LocationTech were hanging back, so we do not have a spot
for a booth.

This does give us less things to organize, I am going to see if we can set
up a sticker swap near reception, and have banners near the entrance area.

This will make it slightly more important to have a successful members
meeting, and use the welcome speech to deliver our message.
On Fri, Apr 13, 2018 at 1:22 PM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2) Schedule a Members meeting for FOSS4GNA
>>
>> The obvious time would be as part of Thursday May 17 community/workshops
>> day, as part of the afternoon allowing a smooth transition into a social.
>> The downside is that many attendees will be running for the airport and/or
>> occupied sprinting.
>>
>> The next candidate would be a short birds-of-a-feather style meeting on
>> Monday before the icebreaker reception.
>>

> BOF is now scheduled and on the program:
> https://2018.foss4g-na.org/bof-session/osgeo-members-meeting

Jody Garnett