[Board] Travis-CI & OSGeo

Vicky Vergara vicky at georepublic.de
Mon Apr 23 11:52:19 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I agree with Regina,

In my own experience with pgRouting as Community project:

We have pgRouting as a "GitHub organization" and have.

it has 3 sub-projects repositories:

pgrouting  -- very active using travis  (notice the lowercase r, so
pgRouting its not only the thing used in postgreSQL)
pgRoutinglayers -- not using travis
osm2pgrouting -- somehow active using travis

in addition to that we also have:
Website
Workshop -- somehow active using travis

And a series of forks that we use to make contirbutions to other projects
for example:
osgeo Forked from OSGeo/osgeo

Also we have stalled ideas in other repositories under pgRouting

In total we have 15 repositories

And we can manage with the 5 concurrent jobs
A testing build of pgRouting has 6 jobs that 5 take around 8 to 9 minutes
and 1 takes less than 3 minutes.

We are making use of being open and using the "free" advantages of github.

And we are not consuming OSGeo valuable resources that can be used in other
key things.

VIcky

Georepublic UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Salzmannstraße 44,