[Board] Final Result on RfP 2020

Till Adams till.adams at fossgis.de
Thu Dec 13 11:31:29 PST 2018

Dear CC & OSGeo-community,

I just received the final results from our voting CRO's.

They have received 13 votes. Some voters noted that the quality of both
proposals was excellent and that it was difficult to select.

The winning team hosting FOSS4G 2020 is

***Calgary***

Many thanks to the Halifax team for their great effort and great
proposal, also many thanks to the Niagara Falls team, that also handed
in a LoI.

I only can tell everybody, that regardless where the conference takes
place, it is always a pleasure to join and it is always an event for the
whole community!!

Finally I have one wish for christmas: Please support the winning team
in order to have a great event in 2020 in Calgary!

And last but not least - many thanks to our CRO's as well!

Cheers, Till