[Board] Final Result on RfP 2020

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:12:30 PST 2018

Dear Till and Conference Committee,

For the board to vote and approve this decision, we would like a short
summary of the process and an explicit clarification that it was fair.
Usually just the short summary would be fine, but as there has been some
concerns raised, we would like an explicit confirmation that all
candidatures had the same opportunities and no classified information,
advantage or unfair help was given to any of them.

For the summary of the process, I think most of it you already sent in both
emails with the news of the outcome of the voting. Just wanted to make sure
there's nothing else worth mentioning or if there's something else we
should publicly record for the future.

As a suggestion, it would be good to clarify the process to make
transparent and clear what happens in case of recusation during the
election process (and if it is possible to do so, on what circunstamces),
so we all know explicitly the rules before entering the process and no one
can suspect unfair game in the future.

Thank you for your work and congratulations to Calgary!
María.