[Board] OSGeo applying to join GEO as PO

Suchith Anand Suchith.Anand at nottingham.ac.uk
Thu Feb 1 05:43:31 PST 2018

Dear OSGeo Board,

I would like to propose that OSGeo formally applies to join GEO as Participating Organization  (PO).I attended the GEO Program Board meeting in Geneva this week and I see lot of opportunities for OSGeo community to link synergies with GEO’s global priorities include supporting the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, the Paris Agreement on Climate Change, and the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction.

I also had some email discussions in the discuss list [1] to help shape ideas. I am  trying to reactivate the Public Geospatial Data Committee to bring more colleagues to start planning actions forward for this. We need  to work synergies with wider initiatives for maximum global impact.

I request the OSGeo Board to have this added as an agenda item [2] for next Board meeting and also have a Board member to be the main contact for the application.

Best wishes,

Suchith

[1] https://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/discuss/2018-January/037089.html
[2] https://www.earthobservations.org/contribute.php

message in error, please contact the sender and delete the email and attachment.

Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham. Email communications with the University of Nottingham may be monitored where permitted by law.