[Board] Confirm approval of donation for OSUOSL hosting services

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Thu Feb 1 13:56:03 PST 2018

Hi Board,

During the F2F Board meeting around Christmas time we discussed and
agreed on a matching 2k donation to OSUOSL (http://osuosl.org/) for our
systems hosting.   Meaning: 2k + 2k = 4k donation for hosting all of our
OSGeo hardware systems.  (the lab and Lance Albertson have been just
wonderful to us through the years)

I went back to the meeting logs
(https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2017-12-23) and found:

- "consider matching 2000 for OSUOSL to 4000"

- "action: approve, and take feedback on hosting vs supporting manpower
back to SAC"

However I cannot find reference of this in our Budget at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2018

I believe we can now formally motion to approve the matching donation
through Loomio, correct?

(I attended today's SAC meeting and SAC is wanting to move forward with
the payment, so this is a good time to confirm what we agreed on 23
December)

Thanks,

-jeff