[Board] MOU with AGU: Status update

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Wed Jan 10 06:29:08 PST 2018

Dear Board,

this is an update about the communication with the American Geophysical Union (AGU) regarding the signing of a MOU with OSGeo.

During an initial telco with AGU (Brooks Hanson, Senior Vice President) in December, concerns were voiced whether a MOU would be appropriate.
As a follow-up, Jeff McKenna and I wrote a detailed e-mail to AGU, emphasizing the significance of OSGeo to the AGU community.
This letter worked out well. AGU responded that they are now looking forward to receive a draft for a MOU from our side.

AGU suggested that the signing of the finalised MOU could be scheduled for the European Geoscience Union (EGU) General Assembly in early April 2018 in Vienna.
This could be a good opportunity to advertise a similar MOU with EGU, as AGU and EGU are twin organisations.

As a next step, Jeff and I will prepare a first draft for the MOU with AGU.

best,
Peter

<peter.loewe at gmx.de>