[Board] GPDR

Basques, Bob (CI-StPaul) bob.basques at ci.stpaul.mn.us
Mon Jul 16 14:45:17 PDT 2018

Just some of my own observations :

Article 6, Para.  1, items a, b, c, d, and e seem to apply directly to the OSGeo mission and intent.

Item a.  - The data subject has given consent by participating in the OSGeo discussion by signing up for a list (on his own I might add, have we already been in compliance?)

Item b.  -  Originator of intelectual property (code) cand be thought of as entering into a contract based on the incubation process and code contribution methods.

Item c.  -  Similar to items, in that it maintains the standards of coding in the open and that the coding is free of any incumbresses, IE. open licensing

Item d.  -  Copyright of contributor maintenance.

Item e.  -  We’re all about public interest, right?  :c)

I’m coming to these observations based on this link:

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/HTML/?uri=CELEX:32016R0679&from=EN

Hope it’s the correct one.

bobb