[Board] Sponsoring FOSS4G 2018

Jeff McKenna jmckenna at gatewaygeomatics.com
Wed Jun 20 04:28:29 PDT 2018

Thanks María for bring the Board discussions to the public (we should be
doing this more often, so everyone in the community can follow
discussions easily).  In the separate loomio vote here is my vote:

Please interpret my vote as a "-1" (see Board Voting procedure at
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Voting_Procedure), where I have
disagreed but also suggested an alternative solution. I feel that the
OSGeo Board can instead provide the top-level sponsorship ("Tanzanite"
at 30,000 USD), since it is OSGeo's event, so that the LOC can apply
those funds as they choose (such as video recording & processing).

So I am proposing that the sponsorship vote/wording be changed to
sponsor FOSS4G 2018 with the highest sponsorship available.

I think this will help the local committee and give them more funds
available to help make this event great.

thanks,

-jeff