[Board] Request for approval OSGeo Thailand Chapter

Dr. Sarawut Ninsawat sarawutn at ait.asia
Sun Jun 24 10:15:30 PDT 2018

Dear OSGeo Board,

Glad to inform that we are working towards "officially" establishing the
OSGeo Thailand Chapter (OSGeo.TH) to support and foster the Thai community.

Details of OSGeo.TH has be updated at https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Thai

At the meeting held on 23-6-2018, we have decided the office bearers
(Representative, Secretary, Treasurers and initial Board Members).
I am very happy to inform, that Dr. Phisan Santitamnont (Co-Chair of
first FOSS4G Conference held in Bangkok, Thailand in 2004) has been
nominated as the Representative of OSGeo.TH and I will serve as OSGeo.TH
Secretary.

We request the OSGeo Board to kindly take up the approval of OSGeo.TH as
"official" Local Chapter as an Agenda Item at the next board meeting.

We would also like to inform that the members of the OSGeo.TH community
are now engaged in organizing the first National FOSS4G-Thailand
conference (See https://foss4g.in.th for details.)

Please consider the approval of the OSGeo.TH at an early date so that
the announcement can be made at the upcoming FOSS4G-Thailand event
(23-24 July, 2018).

Best regards

Sarawut

------------
Dr. Sarawut Nisawat
Asian Institute of Technology

OSGeo charter member
Secretary, OSGeo.TH

--
Dr. Sarawut NINSAWAT
Assistant Professor

P.O. Box 4, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand
Telephone: (66 2) 524 6406
Fax: (66 2) 524 5597

58 Moo 9, Km. 42, Paholyothin Highway
Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120, Thailand