[Board] FOSS4G/SotM Oceania, Melbourne, 21-24 Nov 2018

John Bryant johnwbryant at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:06:02 PDT 2018

Hi folks,

Some of you are already aware of the regional FOSS4G conference we're
planning for November in Melbourne, but I thought I'd send a message here
to see if there is anything we should formalise, with regard to our
relationship with OSGeo.

In particular, do we have permission to use OSGeo materials (ie logo) on
our website and marketing materials?

Is there anything the OSGeo board expects from us, as a regional
conference, in terms of reporting? We're committed to transparency, and all
of our planning documents are available on Google Drive, linked
through our wiki
page <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/FOSS4G-SOTM-Oceania>.

We intend to start ramping up our public profile soon, and we're aiming to
launch our website at the end of this month. With that in mind, it would be
great to get the stamp of approval from this board.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Cheers
John Bryant