[Board] please do not remove MoU from wiki!

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun May 20 21:11:27 PDT 2018

I don’t mind what we do as long as we are consistent, can we repurpose this
ticket for an appropriate action?

The point of these page is to explain the relationship and collaborations
for an external audience in a more professional manner than we can achieve
on the wiki.

I find the wiki good for internal use, can we link to the PDF attachment on
the wiki?

On Sun, May 20, 2018 at 4:26 PM Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu> wrote:

> Jody,
> I noticed that you have posted an issue in todo to remove wiki MoUs
> https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/8
> - please don't (see Peter's comment).
>
> After some exploration I can see where the problem is - some partner's
> webpages link to MoU goes to wiki and some (AGU, AGILE) go to pdf document
> - they should all go to related wiki pages because the pdf documents may
> become old.
>
> The wiki pages have served us well to draft the MoUs and finalize them and
> to attach the pdf. Once the MoUs are done they should be included on the
> official website as partners but the website won't work for me to manage
> the MoUs as I did so far. I have been tracking the MoU status relatively
> efficiently here -
> https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/MOU_OSGeo_All
> with the links to the MoU drafts and signed documents and as you could see,
> e.g. for ICA, the wiki page for each MoU also documents the evolution and
> renewals of the MoUs.
> I think that the todo issue #8 should be closed so that somebody
> accidentally does not remove the wiki pages and I can try to fix the
> osgeo.org/partners links for the partners which link to pdf rather than
> wiki.
>
> Sorry for the long email, Helena
>

> Helena Mitasova
> Professor, Department of Marine, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
> Faculty Fellow, Center for Geospatial Analytics
> North Carolina State University
> Raleigh, NC 27695-8208
> http://www4.ncsu.edu/~hmitaso/
> http://geospatial.ncsu.edu/osgeorel/publications.html