[Board] java 2018 code sprint

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 23:21:43 PDT 2018

On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 2:47 AM Jody Garnett <jody.garnett at gmail.com> wrote:

> It has now been two weeks, since my initial email. We have reached out to
> potential sponsors via blog post
> <http://blog.geoserver.org/2018/09/24/java-2018-code-sprint/>, twitter
> <https://twitter.com/geowolf/status/1047157909304627200> and linkedin
> <https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/high-open-source-cost-java-11-jody-garnett/>.
> And reached out to prior sponsors via email.
>
> I also found that several participants were changing their plans to attend
> based on these sponsorship emails (sigh). To allow these individuals to
> book flights I would like to request the board consider:
>
> *Request is $2000 Sprint Support following code sprint guidelines
> <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines> for Java 2018 Code
> Sprint <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Java_2018_Code_Sprint>*
>

> I have set up a thread on loomio
> <https://www.loomio.org/d/3PofcCBl/java-2018-code-sprint-support> so we
> can work on this now ahead of the next board meeting. For reference the code
> sprint guidelines <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Code_Sprint_Guidelines> and
> event budget
> <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bSuf32MjgP7NKZcqvV7IilpxakKdocJ4CPUEF8jq5Z4/edit?usp=sharing>
> .
>
> I am also reaching out to each project teams to see if they wish to
> support attendees financially. María you may wish to reach out to
> GeoNetwork PSC also?

If the support is for travel and accommodation, then there is no need. We
are going to do it only in Sevilla and I'm the only one attending from
GeoNetwork. Then we will have some locals helping, but no plane or train
tickets needed.

We agreed with the University of Sevilla to use their labs for free. The
only thing missing will be food and drink, but it's fine. We will only work
like 4h per day anyway.