[Board] Request for seed funding for FOSS4G-NA 2019

Jeffrey Johnson ortelius at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:59:36 PDT 2018

(sending again without the poster attachment)

Hi Folks,

Our San Diego Local Organizing Committee would like to request seed
funds for FOSS4G-NA 2019 which we are organizing for mid-april next
year. The past few years have seen this event organized by
LocationTech with a professional conference organizer, and while
we will strive to put on a really great event, we are going to try to
be budget conscious and run a more grass roots event. We have a great
location on Mission Bay in SD that imposes very few restrictions on
what we can and cant do, giving us alot of freedom to do things a bit
differently than they have been done before.

We are shooting for an overall budget of $150k-200k and expecting 500+
people. I'm not quite sure the level of seed funding provided in the
past for these types of regional events, but we would like to ask for
$10k if possible.

Do let me/us know if you have any questions/concerns that can be
answered and hope to see some of you in April next year.

Jeff & Rob (SDLOC Co-chairs)