[Board] FOSS4G 2018 Community Sprint Dar es Salaam - summary and budget

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Tue Sep 11 13:04:45 PDT 2018

Hello,

we had a great Community Sprint after the FOSS4G Conference.

See foundation news (some abstracts are a bit short sorry - we could add
some more information if you provide text)
https://www.osgeo.org/foundation-news/wonderfull-foss4g-2018-community-sprint-in-dar-es-salaam/

It was fun and a great success. Many newcomers joined and we worked on
several topics. It showed again that community sprint before/after a
conference are so good and bring people together.

OSGeo offered to sponsor with up to $2000. We needed $1500 for catering
and cleaning. Michael transferred dLab the money already. So everything
seams to be done.

Thanks to all involved and especially to dLab for the place, treammwork
and hospitality. Somoe said that we can come back and run the event
every year ;)

Astrid

Astrid Emde
OSGeo Board Member and OSGeo Secretary