[Board] TGP policy/FOSS4G SotM Oceania

michael terner ternergeo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 06:26:56 PDT 2018

+1

Adam properly covers my perspective. I support that OSGeo needs a "written
policy" on TGP's for regional events (IMHO, the policy might/should
include: being affordable (low $'s); matching funds from local host that
exceed OSGeo funds; and there should be a good sense of what "underserved
populations" need support). And, yes, both OSGeo TGP leadership (e.g.,
Steven, Til) as well as a well organized regional event - like Oceania -
would be an ideal combo for coming up with a good draft of this policy for
consideration of, and adaptation by the board.

Thanks all...

MT

On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 2:41 AM María Arias de Reyna <delawen at gmail.com>
wrote:

> So yes, we have to vote this already.
>
> On Thu, Sep 13, 2018 at 8:14 AM John Bryant <johnwbryant at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I can answer the first question: We don't need the payment right away,
> but we need to know if it's approved by the 21st of September, so that we
> know how many grants we can award.
> >
> > I'm not sure if the second question is for us... our TGP has already
> been open for a few weeks and is closing next week, so our documents are
> already written. I might be misunderstanding the question.

Michael Terner
ternergeo at gmail.com
(M) 978-631-6602