[Board] FOSS, OSGeo, FOSS4G and OSGeoLive 13

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon Aug 19 19:52:06 PDT 2019

Thanks Brian, I take every opportunity to promote open source and free
software (indeed I have an incubation committee presentation on just this
topic).

I also would ask that we keep in min the *extra* that OSGeo demands of our
own projects:
* Community Projects: be in a position to accept contributions
* OSGeo Projects: actually establish some form of open governance so
additional parties can take part as equal partners

Aside: I cannot tell from your description if OSGeoLive tagline needs to
change? Is the trouble that "Free Software" is not mentioned in the
tagline/ Should it be "OSGeo Live - Open Source Geospatial Foundation Linux
Distribution" or just "OSGeo Live - Linux for Mapping"
--
Jody Garnett