[Board] My last letter as President

María Arias de Reyna delawen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 23:08:23 PST 2019

Dear fellow OSGeoers,

I want to congratulate all the recently elected members of the Board,
specially the new ones! I hope you enjoy the journey as much as I did
and contribute with your unique view to our organization. I want to
thank all the people that helped me on this two-year journey and I
hope I helped others on this journey too. OSGeo is evolving to be more
inclusive, diverse and bigger than ever and I am proud of you all.

As some of you may know, some months ago I decided to go back into the
barricades and far from public exposure. I think rotating positions
inside a voluntary organization is something very healthy to do and
gives you a unique perspective. That's why I decided to participate on
a proposal for FOSS4G 2021 and not repeat elections again for the
Board.

I hereby resign as President to let one of the current members of the
Board take this position. I have always a strong advocate that this
kind of positions should be taken by Board members, so I want to
explicitly facilitate the transition. Our current vice-presidents
Helena Mitasova and Angelos Tzotsos will fill the space until a new
President is appointed.

I have to say I'm still a bit sad of the geographic, cultural and
ethnic representation on the Board. I am sure we can change this on
the following years. Until then, I am confident current members of the
Board will do a great job representing you all.

See you all in Calgary in 2020!
María, your former OSGeo President.