[Board] board travel request

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 16:57:32 PST 2019

Good afternoon:

We have the upcoming foss4g-na event which I am about to register for.
Astrid put together a board travel planning spreadsheet after last meeting
and I tentatively marked this event down.

A couple questions:

a) who is planning to attend the event? We have Jeff, Michael, Tom, Helena
and Jody in the region.
b) I think OSGeo should be represented at the B2B function, do we have a
volunteer? I also note OSGeo.US may be in a position to meet this
opportunity.
c) Do we have any interest in running member meetings this year? Perhaps on
local chapters?
d) Conference attendee is quite reasonable ($50 student, $250 for an
individual, $400 organization, $100 B2B, $50 Gala). There will be a cost
difference to represent OSGeo.
e) it is unclear to me if OSGeo expects any presence at the event by virtue
of hosting. Last year it was not an issue as the exhibit area was booked
out and we gave up our spot.

--
Jody Garnett