[Board] board travel request

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 09:49:03 PST 2019

> c) Do we have any interest in running member meetings this year? Perhaps
>> on local chapters?
>>

> I would like to do so.

Okay I will put that into planning with the LOC.

>> d) Conference attendee is quite reasonable ($50 student, $250 for an
>> individual, $400 organization, $100 B2B, $50 Gala). There will be a cost
>> difference to represent OSGeo.
>>

> I don't understand this. Does it mean we have a special price?

It means OSGeo is an organization, so my math would be:
- Attending as myself: $250 registration, $50 gala
- Attending as board: $400 registration, $100 B2B, $50 gala

> e) it is unclear to me if OSGeo expects any presence at the event by
>> virtue of hosting. Last year it was not an issue as the exhibit area was
>> booked out and we gave up our spot.
>>

> I understand that all FOSS4G events are organized by OSGeo members,
> therefore, all FOSS4G events are organized (implicitly) by OSGeo.

A bit more than that, we have provided seed funding for this specific event.

I did not take anything implicit, some foss4g events are directly hosted by
local chapters for example.