[Board] OSGeo project draft email thread

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 14:01:50 PST 2019

Looks good, I like the invitation of “We would like to ask you to help us
with budget proposals to assist your project. This will help us set aside a
realistic amount of funding.”

I wonder if we need an example for each goal? The cite example feels very
specific and may not be applicable to all projects?

Still let’s send this out, asking them to stay tuned for January meeting
time if theybwishbtonsoeak to the board

On Sun, Jan 6, 2019 at 5:08 AM Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com>
wrote:

> New draft:
>
> https://git.osgeo.org/gitea/osgeo/todo/issues/29#issuecomment-3774
>
> Regards,
> Angelos
>
> On 12/27/18 7:50 PM, Jody Garnett wrote:
> > Angelous did you get a chance to draft an email to our osgeo projects?
> >
> > >From what I remember of our meeting:
> > - Start off with $2000 budget placeholder, ask project officer to respond
> > to confirm
> > - For projects with more of a plan (to pursue a specific goal) point
> > towards gvSIG request <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GvSIG_Budget_2019>
> as an
> > example request
> > - A good idea is to focus on OSGeo participation, example attending the
> AGM
> > or OSGeo code sprint
> > - Also keep keep in mind OSGeo goals as an organization, example is
> > interoperability goal (so CITE compliance or participation developing new
> > standards).
> > --
> > Jody Garnett
> >

> --