[Board] Motion to create a youtube account FOSS4G

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Sat Jun 15 02:52:28 PDT 2019

Hello,

FOSS4G is coming closer and we are planning to record all the videos
from FOSS4G 2019 together with the c3voc-video team.

They will be uploaded at
* https://media.ccc.de/search/?q=FOSS4G
* and at TIB AV-Portal https://av.tib.eu/search?q=FOSS4G&loc=de

and if we want at youtube.

I would like to suggest to create a youtube account called "FOSS4G" for
the global FOSS4G event.

This account does not exist yet.

https://www.youtube.com/user/foss4g

Advantage
* with a permanent account people could subscribe
* all videos from FOSS4G are in one account
* better ranking for an active channel

There are many accounts for the individual events like:
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=FOSS4G

F.e. we have a similar accounts for FOSSGIS where we upload every year
our FOSSGIS-conference videos here (maybe also the FOSS4G europe and NA
videos if we want)
https://www.youtube.com/user/fossgis/videos

What do you think about this idea?

Astrid