[Board] Laying the ground work for Board F2F meeting

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Wed May 22 11:04:51 PDT 2019

I have updated our wiki to list two upcoming meetings
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_of_Directors#Board_Meetings>:

   - Board Meeting_2019-05-27
   <https://wiki.osgeo.org/index.php?title=Board_Meeting_2019-05-27&action=edit&redlink=1>
-
   agenda topics needed (or we have a short meeting)
   - Board Meeting_2019-08-24
   <https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Board_Meeting_2019-08-24>

The interesting one there is starting to set an agenda for the F2F meeting.
I am starting this "early":

   1. to give our community a chance to contribute to the agenda
   2. community members may wish to be invited as a guest to explore a
   specific topic
   3. help identify any topics we wish to discuss with a specific
   committee/officer

As an example we have a wide range of feedback, and a formal CRO Report, on
elections. We may wish to ask the CRO to attend the meeting formally, and
extend travel budget to help them attend a couple of day's early.

We can also hold separate meetings with different committees over the
course of the week, which may be cheaper/more stressful. We have done so
previously to meet with the conference committee.
--
Jody Garnett