[Board] Fwd: Funding for workshop in AfricaGIS 2019 conference

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Fri Nov 1 06:52:22 PDT 2019

forwarded from info at osgeo.org

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: Funding for workshop in AfricaGIS 2019 conference
Datum: 31.10.2019 22:55
Von: Pekka Sarkola <pekka at gispo.fi>
An: info at osgeo.org
Kopie: astrid_emde at osgeo.org, Serena Coetzee <serenacoetzee at gmail.com>
Antwort an: pekka.sarkola at gispo.fi

Dear Board of OSGeo,

AfricaGIS 2019 conference will be organised on 18-22 Nov 2019 (Kigali,
Rwanda).  I will participate in the conference and I have reserved
Computer Lab to keep FOSS4G workshop for conference participants. ESRI
will organise also workshop and is the main sponsor of the conference.
Conference agenda is attached.

Computer Lab has 30 sites with desktop computers. I have a plan to
promote OSGeo, teach and promote FOSS4G softwares. I have also paper
presentation about our FOSS4G related project in Rwanda and I also
participate to Team Finland booth in the conference.

Cost of Computer Lab is 600 USD and I hope OSGeo can cover this. If it
is not possible to cover the whole sum, I'm glad about any sum. I won't
charge anything about preparation or keeping time: it will be my
participation to OSGeo activities.

I have started planning of the workshop in Google Docs:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1N0ddaISsLdWS1uWwWfNiooNZSdGvcLaET9V4dGGXF4w/edit?usp=sharing
[1]

Conference web site: https://www.eis.africa/africagis-2019/ [2]

Rgs,