[Board] [istSOS] Re: Sponsoring activity of education

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 08:53:14 PDT 2019

Keep in mind our mandate is to support open source, so the istSOS user
community development is on topic (not so much supporting developing
countries and equipment purchasing). The board does have some budget to
support istSOS and other OSGeo community projects.

For events and community activities like this we want a clear budget and so
on:
https://github.com/OSGeo/osgeo/blob/master/board/documents/osgeo_financial_guidance.pdf

I encourage you to reach out to the marketting committee and geoscience
committee concurrently as you have already identified some ideas in that
direction.

Jody Garnett