[Board] upcoming OSGeo/OGC/Apache code sprint

Tom Kralidis tomkralidis at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 05:05:43 PST 2020

Hi everyone: as part of our ongoing collaboration with OGC, and given
the synergy of FOSS4G projects and OGC standards, we are working with
OGC and the Apache Software Foundation to coordinate an OSGeo/OGC/ASF
virtual code sprint in Q1 2021 (~February 2021).

As with previous OSGeo presence at OGC Hackathons, we will document and
report on OSGeo participation at the event.  This will provide
value in terms of having a sense of FOSS4G projects involvement as part
of our OGC collaboration.  This will also help coordinate involvement
at future hackathons / code sprints at both OSGeo code sprints (i.e. perhaps
a dedicated interoperability theme), OGC Hackathons, or related ASF events.

We are working with OGC and ASF to coordinate dates for the events, as well
as a joint announcement to help advertise the event details in the coming weeks.

Given the synergy of FOSS4G projects and OGC standards, we kindly ask
that projects
consider participation in this important upcoming event.  This event with also
will be a first between OSGeo/OGC and ASF, and provides the opportunity
for cross-pollination with ASF geospatial projects (see [1] as an example of
geospatial projects presented at ApacheCon 2020 as an example).

Thanks

..Tom

[1] https://apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/geospatial.html