[Board] [OSGeo-Discuss] OSGeo Budget 2021

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 01:35:39 PST 2020

Dear OSGeo project members and committees,

Over the previous years, OSGeo has been proud to support a growing
number of project events, such as community/code sprints, developer
meetings, and user conferences. As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic,
most OSGeo events in 2020 were held as virtual events.

OSGeo is reaching out to all committees, including Project Steering
Committees, to help plan our budget for 2021.

In 2020, the Board assigned an initial amount of 2000 USD to all
graduated projects who have reported to the Board the last 12 months
(e.g. during the AGM or directly to a Board meeting). This year the
Board is planning to continue to offer a budget to all graduated
projects with the exact amount to be determined.

Due to cancellation of events in 2020, we are not in a position to
allocate and spend as much as we did in previous years.

To help navigate the uncertainties ahead in 2021, the Board is planning
to have a budget meeting on 18 January 2021 to review 2020 expenditures,
sponsorship, and make financial decisions for the 2021 budget.

Please send your detailed requests for approval (see detailed budget
requests from 2020 e.g.
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2020
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/GeoServer_Budget_2020>)

We would like to ask you to help us with budget proposals to assist your
project. This will help us set aside a realistic amount of funding.

Please add your project info to the budget draft at:

https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2021
<https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/OSGeo_Budget_2021>

ideally by 17 January 2021 in advance of our next Board meeting.

When making a budget request please keep in mind the vision and goals of
our Foundation, along with any obligations you wish to meet.

Thank you.

On behalf of the OSGeo Board,

Angelos

--