[Board] marketing committee update

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Tue Jan 14 11:10:37 PST 2020

Welcome to 2020 everyone,

Quick update from the marketing committee, both myself and Enock Seth
Nyamador will be taking on the role as marketing committee co-chairs. If
this can be added to the upcoming meeting agenda we can make it official,
and update the website.

As a reminder our committee mandate
<https://www.osgeo.org/about/committees/marketing-committee/> covers:

*Establishing and executing a medium term marketing strategy geared at
growing our community with new users, as determined in the marketing
strategy for OSGeo-outreach, by means of;*

*A – ongoing support for events e.g. downloadable marketing collateral,
event formats etc (ongoing) via the website*
*B – a new website and logo design (2017)*
*C – a clean up/new marketing collateral (2017)*

One activity I would like to cover in Q1 is to update that mandate, as the
2017 items have been accomplished.
--
Jody Garnett