[Board] GitHub sponsors

Jody Garnett jody.garnett at gmail.com
Mon May 25 12:48:44 PDT 2020

Michel:

Based on today's meeting it appears geotools can be a trial of this.

The second question (after email address) is if GeoTools has a bank
account, or is using a 'fiscal host" like the Open Source Collective.

In the case can we check what it would take for OSGeo to be considered a
'fiscal host' ?

There is some more information here:
https://docs.opencollective.com/help/collectives/github-sponsored-organizations
It is kind of interesting seeing this infrastructure setup to handle just
the financial aspects of open source sustainability (while GitHub and
others focus on the 'forge" side).
--
Jody Garnett