[Board] Fwd: invitation - UIA Associations Round Table

Angelos Tzotsos gcpp.kalxas at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 04:44:00 PDT 2021

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	invitation - UIA Associations Round Table
Date: 	Thu, 01 Jul 2021 21:08:43 -0400
From: 	Carol Williams <roundtable at uia.org>
To: 	info at osgeo.org

To: Open Source Geospatial Foundation
E-mailed to: info at osgeo.org

Ref.: Registration open for UIA Associations Round Tables 2021

This is an invitation to register for virtual or in-person participation!

The Union of International Associations (UIA) cordially invites Open
Source Geospatial Foundation to participate in its

9th Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific in Tokyo (Congres Square
Nihonbashi)

on Thursday 21 & Friday 22 October 2021

and its

14th Associations Round Table Europe in Prague (Prague Congress Centre)

on Thursday 18 & Friday 19 November 2021

Both UIA Associations Round Tables 2021 will take place as hybrid events
and will gather participants working in and with international
associations. If travel is not permitted, then in-person registrations
will be converted to online participation.

We hope to see many of you in-person either in Tokyo or in Prague. And
for those, who wish to participate virtually, our hosts in Tokyo (Tokyo
Convention & Visitors Bureau) and Prague (Prague Convention Bureau) will
provide a virtual meeting platform where easy access, networking and
educational content will combine to provide an engaging and rewarding
experience for all delegates.

What you can expect:
* presentations on common challenges by peers working in international
associations
* discussions in workshops and break-out rooms with the chance to ask
in-depth questions and to share and exchange knowledge and experience
* UIA team members will moderate the sessions throughout, guiding and
assisting the delegates
* the host teams will assist virtual attendees with any technical need
* networking breaks
* in-person attendees: optional city tours and everyone will enjoy tasty
food and a wonderful city

See the topics of the programmes and watch the Round Table website for
updates and more details:

-for the 9th UIA Associations Round Table Asia-Pacific at
https://uia.org/roundtable/2021/asiapacific/

-for the 14th UIA Associations Round Table Europe at
https://uia.org/roundtable/2021/europe/

Thanks to the support of our hosts, we will be able to offer a
high-level educational programme through a professional and easy to
access technology platform for a low fee:

* the registration fee for the hybrid Round Table Asia-Pacific is JPY
8,000 / c. 73.00 US dollars
* the registration fee for the hybrid Round Table Europe is EUR 60.00
plus 21% VAT

How to register either Associations Round Table:
(1) Go to https://uia.org/user/login
(2) Fill in your username: XJ0041
(3) Fill in your password: FRCDEWVA
(4) Click on "register now" for the Round Table of your choice

You can use this username and password to register any number of
delegates; each of your delegates will need to log in and register
separately.

UIA is an independent non-profit research institute founded in 1907
which documents and promotes the work of international associations. UIA
shares its information on associations through its publications: the
Yearbook of International Organizations, and the International Congress
Calendar. UIA also promotes the work of associations by organizing
educational activities, such as the UIA Associations Round Table.

For over 110 years the UIA has been working to promote and document the
work of international associations. We look forward to welcoming you at
our Round Tables this year and we thank our host partners - Tokyo
Convention & Visitors Bureau and Prague Convention Bureau - and our
Platinum Special Partners for Round Table Europe: Thailand Convention &
Exhibitions Bureau and Business Events Sarawak.

Sincerely,
Carol Williams
Union of International Associations

PS. While you are logged in on the UIA website, you may also wish to
check your association´s profile in the Yearbook of International
Organizations and complete our Survey on International Meeting Issues