[Board] Proposing OSGeo apply for a Google Season of Docs grant

Cameron Shorter cameron.shorter at gmail.com
Sun Mar 14 16:03:17 PDT 2021

Dropping osgeo-board from the CC list.

Nikos picked up earlier that we should have a project web page.
We currently have an OSGeo wiki page for our lexicon committee:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Lexicon_Committee
I think we can probably create another couple of wiki pages:
1. An OSGeo Glossary Project wiki
  + Note, changing the name from "glossary pilot" to "glossary project"
* Source material:
  +
http://cameronshorter.blogspot.com/2020/12/halfway-status-glossary-pilot.html
  + https://www.ogc.org/blog/3292
  +
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1WZw1_iAC8uWTqFo335i5h_q8IbEYLqzNRYYWBRNtkd0/edit#slide=id.ga1ec31f923_0_3

2. An OSGeo Glossary Season of Docs Page
  + Cover specifics about our Season of Docs proposal
  + We can primarily base upon our proposal at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1enUFAZX1srNmZ3oy4rt_gqv8AeCx2tL5bM6ej8kq9N4/edit
  + For reference, here is our 2019 page, which is more than we'll need:
https://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Season_of_Docs_Ideas_2019, primarily based on

Cameron Shorter
Technical Writer, Google